I’m not gonna sugar coat it. If you are a regular reader of hello unknown, then you’ve been waiting for over a month to read this entry. And it’s basically just a recipe for trapping fruit flies.
Fruit Flies or Time Flies?
Yeah, its been awhile. But, one thing holds true no matter where you are – life can get crazy fast. The last 30 days looked something like this:
- We take a train to Bratislava, Slovakia to apply for our visas.
- They accept our application, woo hoo! (Now we wait…)
- Amy loses her beloved camera on the train, boo! Despite the fact that a camera is just a ‘thing’ and can one day be replaced, this loss was terrible and devastating. Amy loved that camera. She was depressed. We are slowly recovering.
- I get sick. I get better.
- Amy gets sick. Amy gets better.
- I get sick again! I get better again.
- We search for a new flat.
- We choose a new flat, and sign a lease. A more permanant home is just a few weeks away.
- Work pile-driver! We don’t see anything outside our apartment for several days at a time. Just us, our laptops, and mountains of jobs to get done. The occassional coffee shop keeps our sanity in tact. Two all-nighters for Amy, and I tag along.
Fruit Flies, Time marches on
- And finally, infestation! We’re not sure how exactly, but our tiny flat was invaded by fruit flies.
After Amy used her ninja moves to swat 10 in a 30 minute stretch, I decided to attack with science and found a recipe for this contraption:
(You can read more about this here.)
Two and a half months into our adventure and one thing is for sure: it’s way too easy to lose a month.